Camper And Car Lost In Freak Fire

A family is OK after a RV they were driving caught fire in Medora, North Dakota Thursday morning. Billings County Fire Officials say the incident is still under investigation, it looks like the vehicle that was being towed behind the camper was left in gear as the family was leaving the RV park. This may have caused the transmission to overheat and causing the car to catch on fire and spread to the camper. There were no injuries reported in the incident. The car and camper are both a total loss, the total cost of the damage is around 115,000 dollars. Responding agencies to the incident include: Billings County Rural Fire Department, Medora City Fire Department, Billings County Ambulance and the Billings County Sheriff’s Office.